I am actively engaged in service locally and nationally.
At Virginia Tech I serve as the Associate Director of the Rhetoric and Writing PhD program. In Fall 2016 I co-organized a roundtable with eight faculty members entitled “Octalogs IV: Methodologies of Cultural Inclusivity,” which introduced graduate students to ongoing conversations in the field of rhetoric about diversity and research methods.
At Carnegie Mellon University I served in multiple roles with the university’s Graduate Student Assembly (GSA). In my role as President, I led the first campus-wide GSA Strategic Plan and spoke publicly about the value of graduate education, as I did at the Integrated Intelligence Fundraising event in San Francisco, California in 2015.
At a national level, I have been involved in Higher Education Policy & Advocacy through my work with the National Association of Graduate & Professional Students (NAGPS).
ACADEMIC LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
- President, Graduate Student Assembly, Carnegie Mellon University (2014-2016)
- Vice-President of External Affairs, Graduate Student Assembly, Carnegie Mellon University (2012-2014)
- Chair of National Leadership Summit, National Association of Graduate & Professional Students (2013-2014)
- Northeast Director of Legislative Affairs, National Association of Graduate & Professional Students (2013-2014)
- In 2015, I received Carnegie Mellon University’s Outstanding Student Organization Leader Award for my service and dedication to graduate students and the university.
- In 2014, under my leadership as President, our GSA was awarded the NAGPS 2014 Northeast Member of the Year Award.